We've prepared a list of answers to your most frequently asked questions to help you navigate FoodNetwork.com and learn more about our television programming and website!
To fully appreciate and enjoy all of features available on the Food Network web site, we have optimized our site for modern, web standards based browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer 8. While the web site also works with other browsers, users may not enjoy the most enhanced experience and certain applications will not function as intended.
We also support video for both HTML5 and Adobe Flash Player 9 and higher. If you do not currently have Flash downloaded on your computer, you may download it for free at the Adobe website.
Click on the links below to go directly to your area of interest:
Food Network Magazine
Mobile APPS – General Tips for Food Network Apps
My Recipe Box
Locate Recipe Seen On Air
Show Idea for a New Food Network Program
Tickets for a Food Network Show
Contacting Food Network Talent
Question Regarding a Program Recently Watched On Air
Merchandise, Cookbooks and DVDs
Tips for Viewing Videos on FoodNetwork.com?
Report a Bug On Our Website
Question Not Addressed on this Help Page
While we at Food Network do not have access to subscription or billing information, the Customer Service Department at Hearst Communications will be very happy to assist with any questions you may have. You can reach them toll-free at 1-866-587-4653 for help with your subscription status, payments, billing, cancellation, address change, back issues, missing issues, gift subscriptions, or just general questions.
You can also manage your account online from their customer service page:
Food Network Magazine Customer Service page:
Learn more about our Food Network magazine or to order a subscription to the FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE.
FOOD NETWORK NEWSLETTERS
To subscribe to one of our newsletters, change your email address or unsubscribe from one of our newsletters, visit our FOOD NETWORK NEWSLETTERS page. We have also made it convenient for you to subscribe to our family of networks newsletters and hope to see you as a subscriber in the near future.
MOBILE APPS – General Tips for Food Network Apps
1. Audio - If you aren’t able to hear the videos, chances are that this is the Soft Mute feature. With iOS 4 and iOS 5 Apple changed the little button next to the volume to be a mute button like it is on the iPhone. The orientation lock is now handled in software (double click the home button and then swipe left). Try sliding the button up or slide towards you (located above the volume controls). If this doesn't resolve your issue, go to "general settings" and confirm that the side switch is set from rotation to mute.
2. Audio With No Video - With the newer version of the apps, we are using adaptive bitrate streaming to optimize the video experience for the user, so utilizing WiFi will ensure you are able to watch the video to the fullest extent. Try enabling that feature while connected to a network to resolve your issue.
3. Access To Video Outside US - Currently, the Food Network web site, and more recently, the apps, only offer video content to site visitors and app users in the U.S. and its territories due to content licensing restrictions.
4. Low Memory Message - Often times, users experience a “low memory” error because of other applications running in the background. In these instances, applications have not been completely shut down, and because this app requires large amounts of memory to run, other applications need to be completely closed. This can be done by double clicking on the home button when logged into the application. A tab of applications along the bottom will appear and allow you to swipe left and/or right to show which applications are currently running and using memory. Touch and hold any application icon until the icons start to wiggle. Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to close. For more information visit Apple Support
5. App Quits Unexpectedly or Won’t Launch - Try a hard restart on your device. Hold down the top Lock Button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo. This will take a few seconds. In the meantime, ignore the "slide to power off" prompt – just keep holding those buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Once the device has restarted, try launching the app again (make certain you are connected to WiFi or 3G) to see if you still receive the error message. If the restart doesn't work, try to reinstall the app. Make certain that you are connected to WiFi or 3G as the app will not work otherwise. Touch and hold any application icon on the Home screen until the icons start to wiggle. Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to remove. You may be prompted to rate the application. Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device. Press the Home button to cancel or stop deleting apps. Open the App Store on your device and locate the application to reinstall. Tap the price and then "Buy." If prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. If you previously bought the application, you are prompted to download it again for free. Tap “OK” and the app will download and install the application. After the application is installed, your issue should be resolved.
Food Network IN THE KITCHEN (ITK) App:
1. Access to personal recipes previously saved to My Recipe Box on the website are not accessible from within the app.
2. Recipes cannot be removed from My Recipe Box nor can new folders be added through the app. However, you can easily make additions and revisions to the Recipe Box from the Food Network website.
3. ITK is currently only available for iPhone and iPad. We We hope to be able to make an announcement shortly regarding availability on other tablets and devices.
1. Updates to CUPCAKES are made after on-air episode seasons have completed. For instance, our most recent version of the app was implemented after the Cupcake Champions season finale was completed. As new seasons begin and end, future updates will be released. Stay tuned!
2. Printing is not available with the current version of the CUPCAKES app. We are aware of the desire for printing capabilities and are considering that feature for the future. Of course, with an iPad, a user can always take a screenshot and email that image to a printer.
3. If you are having difficulty with video playback, or videos stop playing in mid-stream, please double-check your wireless connection since these videos stream online and are not embedded in the app (to save space on your device).
4. Orientation of the CUPCAKE app does not rotate to Portrait mode. The app was designed only for landscape orientation and will not rotate to portrait mode.
5. CUPCAKES app requires a lot of local memory power from the device. Problems such as the app freezing or links not working may occur when the battery power is running low. Usually, if you swipe off of the screen that you are on, then navigate back to it, performance should improve. Otherwise, try closing the app and re-opening it. That frequently solves most performance problems. Also, using the app when the battery power is high also improves performance.
MY RECIPE BOX
To begin, you must first sign-up and REGISTER for a My Recipe Box account. Once registered, you can save up to 1000 recipes, rate recipes as well as submit recipe reviews. The Sign In/Register link is located to the right of the Search button and near the upper right side of all FoodNetwork.com pages. If you already have an account, just sign in and start adding recipes to your Recipe Box.
Once you register, you will receive a courtesy confirmation email. No action is required on your part on the confirmation email. After you have registered and/or signed in, you can continue to save recipes to your Recipe Box by clicking the "Add to Your Recipe Box" link on any recipe. The recipe will appear in your "All My Recipes" folder within your Recipe Box. You then can use your Recipe Box to create folders, organize recipes, add personal recipes and share saved recipes with friends.
Tips On Using the Recipe Box:
> To change email or password, sign-in to your account, then select My Settings from the dropdown list. In the left column of the My Settings page, select My Account to change your email address. To change any of your other information, such as Profile, Picture, Password or Notifications, click on the respective links and follow the steps to update your information
> Maximum storage is 1000 recipes.
> Removing recipes from the main folder of All My Recipes will permanently delete the recipe from your recipe box, including all sub-folders.
> Removing recipes from subfolders does not permanently delete the recipe from your recipe box, it only removes it from the subfolder.
> Some recipes are classified as 'restricted' and are only available online for a limited amount of time due to contractual reasons. Recipes with this status are indicated on the recipe. Restricted recipes will automatically expire from the Recipe Box without notice. For these limited time only recipes, we recommend that you print the recipe for future use, since it may not be available the next time you return.
Recipe Box Features Coming Soon.
We have listened to our users and have provided a list of upcoming tools to be added to the Recipe Box:
> ability to manage your profile to change email address and password
> search feature within recipe box to quickly locate recipe
> ability to add notes to recipes
> onscreen message when trying to save a recipe that has been previously saved to the recipe box
> print option for personal recipes
> shopping list feature for saved recipes
> view more recipes per page
> ability to upload photos of personal recipes
> recipe folder location of saved recipes from the All My Recipes folder
To search for recipes in general, type your keyword into the search box at the top of any page and click the "Search" button. You can search for an ingredient (chicken, beef, pasta, etc.), a type of dish (casserole, meatloaf, cookie, etc.) or a Food Network talent (Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Alton Brown, etc.). Be as general or specific as you like. You will receive a full list of recipes associated with that keyword. You can then narrow the results by selecting a show, a specific Food Network talent, a meal type, main ingredient and more from the options listed on the left of the search results page. You can also sort the results by relevance, rating, difficulty and total preparation time.
LOCATE A RECIPE SEEN ON AIR
There are several ways to locate a recipe seen on air and here are the three most popular ways to navigate our site.
1. Using the PROGRAM GUIDE, you can choose the date or time of day to navigate to a show and the available recipes from recently aired programs.
2. You can use the FIND RECENT EPISODES SEEN ON TV tool, available on our home page (lower right side) to locate recipes found within a recent episode you've seen.
3. You can also visit our SHOWS page to locate the show from which the recipe came. From the 'Shows Listing' section, select "Shows A-Z" tab, choose the show of interest to launch the show page for the series. Locate the "EPISODE GUIDE" section near the lower section of the page. Here you will find tabbed sections for "This Week's Episodes" and "Upcoming" and "Recently Aired" to navigate to the recipes.
Information for shows that air on Food Network Canada are not available on this website, but can be found on the Food Network Canadawebsite.
A "limited time" recipe is, for legal reasons, only available shortly before and for two weeks following the airing of an episode in which the recipe appeared. Many recipes in the database – from shows and other sources – are available on the site at all times. They will be there when you return the following week or month. But if a recipe you like is marked "limited time," please print out the recipe for future use, since it may not be available the next time you return.
Food Network appreciates your interest in suggesting ideas, but we only accept series and specials proposals only from television production companies with national or major market production credentials. If you are a production company, please send us your credentials and a history of your production experience only. After reviewing them, Food Network will determine whether or not to send you a release form with a request for further information. DO NOT send any pitch ideas or proposals as they will be returned unread. Please send your company's credentials to:
75 Ninth Avenue
NY NY 10011
Attention: Submissions New Show Proposals
We do not currently have tickets for show tapings available to the general public. Food Network is located at Chelsea Market in New York City. Although we don't offer studio tours, you might find this one-stop, NYC culinary food shop, gourmet lover's wholesale-retail wonder world of interest. For additional information on scheduled events, food, groceries and gifts, check the market's web site at Chelsea Market.
CONTACTING FOOD NETWORK TALENT
Unfortunately, the schedules for our Food Network talent does not permit them to personally respond to individual questions and to respect their privacy, we do not share their personal contact information and correspondence is not forwarded. You may consider using your favorite search engine to determine if the talent has their own personal website to which you can write or send an email directly to them.
QUESTION REGARDING A PROGRAM RECENTLY WATCHED ON AIR
All programs seen on air are represented on our website. Navigating to the show page for the program seen on air will lead you to all information made available to us about an episode. The quickest way to navigate to a show page is by using the program guide which is accessible from the homepage by selecting Recipes on TV tab. Then choose the date watched from the calendar to view a comprehensive list of shows that aired on that date, as well as accessibility to the recipes and resources made available to us for each episode.
MERCHANDISE, COOKBOOKS, DVDs
Please note that Food Network branded kitchenware is exclusively available at Kohl’s stores and Kohls.com. Visit the Store, to purchase merchandise, cookbooks, videos and DVDs from many of our popular shows. Please Note: Videos and DVDs not listed in the Store are not currently available for purchase.
TIPS FOR VIEWING ONLINE VIDEOS
Our web site is optimized for the Modern Web Standards based browsers such as Firefox, Safari 3 or higher, and Internet Explorer 7 or 8. While the web site also works with some other browsers, users may not enjoy the most enhanced experience.
We support video for Adobe Flash Player 9 and higher. If you do not currently have Flash downloaded on your computer, you may download it for free at the Adobe website.
FOOD NETWORK HIGH DEFINITION (HD)
Ingredients have more intensity and meals more vibrancy with Food Network in High Definition. Food Network HD broadcasts the same great programming that you see in standard definition but with more sizzle, spark and of course the delicious HD picture. Check with your cable or satellite company for availability.
Food Network HD uses our Eastern U.S. programming feed. Pacific time zone viewers, subtract three hours from the Eastern program time. For example, in California, a show premiering at 10P.M. local time on our regular Food Network channel will air at 7 p.m. on Food Network HD. See our FULL PROGRAM GUIDE page for detailed schedule.
REPORT A BUG ON OUR WEBSITE
While we apologize if you have encountered a problem while visiting our site, we would appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please send us details of the problem encountered. Include the URL of the page and also include information on the browser you are using as well as your operating system to help us duplicate the issue and find a quick resolution. Please visit our Contact Us page, fill in your contact information and be sure to select Report a Bug from the field labeled What Is This Regarding.
The program guide is accessible from the homepage by selecting Recipes on TV tab.
QUESTION NOT ADDRESSED ON THIS HELP PAGE
To send a question about our TV programs, their recipes, or our website, please visit our Contact Us and submit your inquiry using the available webform. Please be as specific as possible when completing the form to assist us with answering your question.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,585,516