*Presenting a Swiss feast
A native of Switzerland, Daniel began his formal culinary training at the age of 14. In his mid-twenties, as Executive Chef of Gasthaus zum Gupf in the Swiss Alps, Daniel earned a Michelin Star. In 2003, Daniel moved to the United States as Executive Chef of Campton Place in San Francisco where he immediately received widespread attention for his innovative interpretation of contemporary French cuisine, including Four Stars from The San Francisco Chronicle and the paper naming him 2004 Rising Star Chef. He was also named James Beard Foundation Rising Star Chef nominee in both 2004 and 2005, and one of Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs 2005. Three years later, Daniel was selected Executive Chef of Eleven Madison Park. Under Daniel's leadership, Eleven Madison Park received its first Three Star review from the New York Times in January 2007. And in 2008, the restaurant won a James Beard Award for "Outstanding Wine Service."
Chefs of Tomorrow Menu:
- Mille-Feuille of Foie Gras and Pain d'epice with Spiced Red Wine and Poached Pear
- Milk Chocolate Palette with Honey Crisp Apples and Chestnuts
- Poached Pheasant with Savoy Cabbage, Butternut Squash, and Black Truffles
- Melted Raclette Cheese with Marble Potatoes and Purslane
- Vichyssoise of Kumumoto Oysters and Royal Sterling Caviar