It's another faceoff between the Italian Stallion, Michael Chiarello and the Ragin' Cajun, Jan Birnbaum. The challenge this time? We're going all American with a contest to make the best burgers ever. Gentlemen, start your grills!
Day Before Party:
- Put 2 ½ cups of water in bowl, with salt, and lemon juice for Poached Peaches Della Nonna.
- Cut vanilla beans in half for the boiling water.
- Peel peaches and poach for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 6 wedges for steak fries.
- Put potatoes in cool water, with salt and bring to boil.
- Remove peaches and let cool.
- Put pint of raspberries and poaching liquid into a blender and puree. Strain.
- Mix hamburger meat with olive oil, and pre-peeled roasted garlic pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge.
- Toss potatoes into mix of olive oil and barbeque spice.
2 Hours Before Party:
- On a pre-heated pan place potato wedges into a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut up portabella mushrooms and put in pan with 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix Dijon mustard, garlic paste, thyme, salt, pickle juice, pickles, and peppers for a condiment.
- Add a ¼ cup of shallots, 2 tablespoons of sliced garlic, and two teaspoons of thyme, salt, and pepper. Add a cup of red wine.
- Toss in a ½ cup of parsley.
- Cut onions. Marinate with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and red wine.
- Mix hamburger meat with tobassco sauce. Mold into patties.
- Put hamburgers and onions on grill. Baste hamburger with garlic oil.
- Top burger with blue cheese.
- Mix Wet n Slippery.
- Top burger with condiment and sautéed mushrooms.
- Top burger with onions.
Eat and Enjoy!