Even cutting the tree is a party when friends gather at a Christmas tree farm for a warm and cozy meal by the fire of cioppino, roasted garlic bread, hot peppermint chocolate and Christmas cookies. Turn a Christmas chore into a unique celebration!
Day Before Party:
- Cook sugar, blend with whipped egg whites, and assemble dough for Torrone, allow to mix in mixer for 15 minutes.
- Place prepped and tin foil wrapped garlic in the oven to roast for Roasted Garlic Bread.
- Finish dough for Torrone, pan it and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove garlic from the oven, mash into paste and mix into a butter. Refrigerate.
2 Hour Before Party:
- Begin broth and sear fish and scallops for Cioppino, allow to broth to simmer without fish for 30 minutes.
1/2 Hour Before Party:
- Add fresh herbs to Cioppino, sear and remove clams, crabs and shrimp.
- Mix and heat up mulled wine, pour into a pre-heated thermos.
- Mix hot chocolate, pour into pre-heated thermos.
- Place Schnapps, two thermos, bread, garlic butter, Torrone, Cioppino broth, and seared fish into a preheated cooler to transport.
- Serve hot cocktails.
- Grill garlic for Roasted Garlic Bread.
- Reheat Cioppino broth.
- Take out softened jalapeno chilies from broth and mash into a garnish.
- Spread Grilled bread with garlic butter, allow it to melt and serve.
- Add fish and shellfish back into Cioppino, simmer for one minute and serve.
- Slice up Torrone, eat and enjoy.
Gargiulo Vineyards Merlot