It's an American Thanksgiving tradition, country style. With recipes for Whole Roasted Turkey with Citrus Rosemary Salt, Roasted Winter Squash, and Autumn Panzanella
1 Day Before Party
- Peel and dice butternut squash and chop herbs for Roasted Butternut Squash.
- Blend and simmer brown butter sauce and toss with squash. Roast squash.
- Blend Citrus Rosemary Salt for Roasted Turkey. Store in a container overnight.
- Remove roasted squash from oven and and puree it. Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dice bread, toss with brown butter and cheese and bake croutons for Autumn Panzanella Salad. Cool, cover and store overnight.
3 Hours Before Party:
- Season turkeys with olive oil and reserved Citrus Rosemary Salt. Roast turkeys. When finished, pull from oven and allow to rest before carving.
- Sauté onions and vinegar and puree for dressing for Autumn Panzanella Salad.
- Sauté mushrooms and thyme and add to Autumn Panzanella Salad.
- Reheat prepared Roasted Butternut Squash.
- Blend flour, butter and stock for gravy. Simmer a few minutes and serve warm with turkeys.
- Assemble and dress Autumn Panzanella Salad.
At the Party:
- Carve and serve turkeys with gravy.
- Serve Autumn Panzanella Salad and Roasted Butternut Squash.
Eat and Enjoy!
2001 Trefethen Cabernet, Napa Valley
2001 Adler Fels Gewurztraminer, Russian River Valley