No matter how hot it gets, it's just too cool when Michael and his guests whip up a vanilla gelato with crazy variations. Making your own ice cream cones is almost as much fun! A fancy pre-frozen layered ice cream torta served with smashed strawberries brings it high cotton.
1 Day Before the Party:
- Bring chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice creams for Neapolitan to room temperature.
- Simmer and strain Mint Simple Syrup for Cantaloupe Granita.
- Peel and puree cantaloupe. Blend cantaloupe puree with Mint Simple Syrup and freeze overnight.
- Layer softened ice creams into a freezer-proof dish. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Heat cream and espresso to blend with chocolate for Chocolate Hazelnut. Set aside.
- Clean, core and quarter strawberries for Strawberry Balsamic Sauce. Blend strawberries with balsamic vinegar. Season and allow to marinate.
- Stir Cantaloupe Granita.
- Blend Mint Pesto with one pint of vanilla ice cream and return to the pint. Cover and freeze overnight. Blend Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache with one pint vanilla ice cream and return to pint container. Cover and freeze overnight. Blend one pint vanilla ice cream with Strawberry Balsamic Sauce and return to pint container. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Blend batter for Ice Cream Cones. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place plates for Neapolitan in freezer, freeze overnight.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Bake and shape Ice Cream Cones on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Place milk for Egg Creams in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Unmold Neapolitan and slice into one inch slices and place on pre-frozen plates. Drizzle with Strawberry Balsamic Sauce.
At the Party:
- Blend Egg Creams and serve.
- Scoop and serve Blended Ice Creams and Ice Cream Cones.
- Scoop and serve Cantaloupe Granita.
Eat and Enjoy!