Michael Chiarello shares great tips for a simple cheese plate and great wines to make you the most sophisticated, relaxed host around. Throw open the doors and let them come!
Day Before Party:
- Mix beginnings of focaccia together, let stand for 15 minutes to rise
- Make white bean puree for bruschetta, refrigerate
- Add rest of flour to risen focaccia dough, mix fruit topping
- Mix half of fruit topping into dough, knead with hands into ball, refrigerate overnight.
2 Hours Before Party:
- Take focaccia bread dough, mold into baking pan, cover and set aside to rise again.
- Slice bruschetta for white bean dip, bake in oven
- Assemble, puree and refrigerate Melon soup.
- Finish bruschetta by coating with garlic and extra virgin olive oi
- Bake focaccia in oven till light brown
1 Hour Before Party:
- Top focaccia with fruit mixture, bake for 7 or 8 more minutes
- Set up cheese course on tray with fruits, breads, garnishes and crackers. Leave it out to get it to room temperature.
- Roast and bake almonds
- Set out wines
Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand or California Central Coast); Syrah (Napa, Rhone, or Australian)