Best 5 Brisket Recipes
During the eight days of Hanukkah, we'll be celebrating the festival of lights with essential recipes for parties, nightly dinners, desserts and leftovers. Today, it's all about the star of the main dish, brisket. We've rounded up Food Network's top five brisket recipes, each a big-batch show-stopper packed with new and favorite flavors alike. Check out our recipes below to ensure that this all-important beef turns out deliciously tender and juicy every time, then tell us how you prepare this holiday classic.
5. Sweet and Sour Braised Brisket – For a new twist on traditional brisket, cook the beef and hearty carrots and potatoes in a mixture of red wine vinegar, brown sugar and tomatoes until they've absorbed those savory flavors and the meat is fall-apart tender.
4. Brisket With Carrots and Onions – Ina tops her garlic-rubbed brisket with a thick, rich sauce of flavorful pan drippings and serves it with tender potatoes and carrots.
3. Texas Brisket – Coated with a sweet and spicy rub of brown sugar and cayenne pepper, Paula's top-rated brisket is slowly smoked until tender and juicy. Watch this video to see how she creates moist meat every time.
2. Beef Brisket – Two cups of bold red wine add a new dimension of flavor to Tyler's herb-roasted brisket, best served with crispy, golden-brown potato pancakes.
1. Texas Oven-Roasted Brisket – Packed with classic barbecue flavors like chili powder and dry mustard, this five-star recipe is roasted slowly on a low temperature and finished with pan juices.
Check out Food Network's Hanukkah Headquarters for more party-ready recipes and entertaining ideas.