Best 5 Sangria Recipes for Summer
The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, which means it's time for one thing: summer cocktails. Simple to mix with on-hand ingredients, Spanish sangria is traditionally made with red or white wine, flavored liqueurs and a heaping pile of fresh fruit — oranges, apples and berries are classic choices. Food Network’s top five sippers below will quench your thirst in the sweltering heat and easily serve a crowd.
5. Sangria Perea – Guy’s fruit-filled glass boasts a refreshing mixture of juicy pineapple, grapes and slices of lemon, lime and orange.
4. Red Sangria – For best results, refrigerate the prepared pitcher (pictured above) for at least one hour before serving, so that the red wine, brandy and orange liqueur can adopt the bright flavors of citrus and apple.
3. Champagne Sangria – A bottle of bubbly is the base of Giada’s cocktail, infused with a fragrant mint simple syrup and finished with fresh mint leaves.
2. White Sangria – Rachael prefers a white Rioja Spanish wine to stir into her apple-laced sangria, though any bottle of dry white wine will do.
1. Rose Sangria Spritzer – A pint of ripe raspberries complements the light flavor of rose wine in Bobby’s drink, best topped with a splash of club soda.