Top 5 Recipes from Holiday Central
From tried-and-true cookie classics to crowd-pleasing dinner recipes, go-to gift ideas, hosting how-tos and step-by-step videos, FoodNetwork.com's Holiday Central is the ultimate destination for all things seasonal cooking, so you can spend more time celebrating with family, friends and food. Just in time to kick off the season, Angela Moore, FoodNetwork.com's vice president, interactive site manager, joined The Kitchen co-hosts on this weekend's all-new episode to introduce Holiday Central and show off the latest additions to this culinary winter wonderland, including all-in-one guides to easy baking and entertaining.
If you're new to Holiday Central, spend some time clicking around. Check out our best-ever Christmas recipes and easy, speedy dessert picks, plus learn new ways to bake with gingerbread and find gift inspiration for everyone on your shopping list. Read on below to get the top-five recipes featured in Holiday Central, then watch insider videos to see how more of your favorite Food Network stars celebrate the season.
5. Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls — Two flavors that are simply better together, Buffalo-style hot sauce and juicy rotisserie chicken combine with cheddar cheese to create golden bite-size rounds ideal for entertaining.
4. Eggnog — Raise a glass to the holidays with Alton Brown's 15-minute eggnog, a rich, smooth holiday must-have spiked with bourbon.
3. Sunday Rib Roast — With a five-star rating and more than 200 user reviews, Ina Garten's impressive roast is a holiday centerpiece all on its own. Serve the juicy, tender meat alongside a creamy horseradish-laced mustard sauce for an indulgent supper.
2. Italian Wedding Soup — When time is tight this season, look to Giada De Laurentiis' meatball-studded soup for a fuss-free weeknight meal or casual party recipe. This comforting bowl will be ready to eat in just 35 minutes.
1. Gingerbread House — Complete with a freshly baked roof and set of walls, this surprisingly simple edible home (pictured above) is the ultimate in DIY. Once the house is set up, use your creativity to bring your imagination to life with snow-white frosting and colorful candies for decoration.