The Champignon de Paris was the first cultivated mushroom, so Gordon goes to France to try them fresh! He tours their growing caves and tries a mushroom salad. In NYC, Gordon finds out how all sorts of mushrooms have become American faves.
Recipes in This Episode
- Fricassee of Champignon de Paris in Wontons
- Grilled Mushrooms with Garlic and Parsley Butter
- Mushroom Veloute with White Truffle Sabayon
- Poached Maitake Mushrooms and Fava Beans in Parsnip Broth with Spanish Olive Oil and Epazote
- Sauteed Mushrooms in a Hot Crusty Pita
- Champignons de Paris Stuffed with Escargot, Garlic, Parsley, and Almonds