Foodie Fantasy Wine. Dine, and Peace of Mind SweepstakesEnter For A Chance To Win A Trip To The New York City Wine & Food Festival & And Adt System
ADT Pulse® Interactive Solutions is much more than just security – it’s automation for your home or business. From almost anywhere, you can have the power to arm and disarm the security system, adjust the lighting and thermostat and watch secure, real-time video. Plus, it’s affordable, customizable and easy to use.Learn More
ADT Foodie Fantasy Wine, Dine & Peace of Mind Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
1. DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The ADT Foodie Fantasy Wine, Dine & Peace of Mind Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes") begins on April 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 2:00 PM ET on May 31, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Television Food Network, G.P. (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is The Team Group, LLC ("Administrator"). The presenter of this Sweepstakes is ADT LLC (“Presenter”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and Washington, DC who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the e-mail account associated with the provided e-mail address was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Presenter and Administrator (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes by visiting the Sweepstakes page located at www.foodnetwork.com/ADT (“Sweepstakes Homepage”) and following the on-screen instructions to completely and accurately provide all of the requested registration information including: first name, last name, email address, daytime phone and date of birth. Upon completion and submission of the registration form, the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received by 2:00 PM ET on May 31, 2013. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant that they determine to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities’ decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally.
4. PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available. The Grand Prize winner will receive the following: (A) a trip to New York City for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest, including (i) round trip coach class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and guest between the major U.S. commercial airport in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. nearest Grand Prize Winner's residence and New York, New York; (ii) roundtrip airport transfers to/from hotel in New York; (iii) hotel accommodations for thee (3) days and two (2) nights (one double occupancy room, room rate and tax only); and (iv) two (2) tickets to the 2013 New York City Food and Wine Festival; and (B) one (1) ADT Pulse Premier Security System with one (1) year free alarm monitoring (see complete details below). Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: $7,000.
Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize. If the actual value of any prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. For tax reporting purposes, the prize winner must provide Sweepstakes Entities with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the winner for the actual value of any prize received. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
All travel must take place between October 17, 2013 and October 20, 2013. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to participate in the Trip during the dates chosen by Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event that the selected Event does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons included but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, or for any other reason, then assuming the Grand Prize winner is willing and able to travel on the dates chosen by Sponsor, in lieu of attending the Event, the Grand Prize winner will receive the remaining components of the Grand Prize which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, any airfare fluctuations and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a valid photo ID. Grand Prize winner and guest agree to undertake the trip at their own risk. Guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent. Airline for Grand Prize Trip will be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare will be charged to the Grand Prize winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Grand Prize Winner's proximity to destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight
Trip Conduct: Grand Prize winner and guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The Grand Prize winner and guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Grand Prize winner and guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event any Grand Prize winner or guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Grand Prize winner and guest home with no further obligation related to the prize.
ADT PULSE PREMIER SECURITY SYSTEM
Grand Prize Winner will receive an ADT Pulse Premier Security System installed by ADT with a total ARV of $3,194.88 and includes:
- Two (2) door/window contacts
- One (1) touch screen
- One (1) appliance module
- One (1) light switch
- Two (2) indoor cameras
- Provision of electrician service valued at $200
- One (1) year of free alarm monitoring
- Add-on devices and additional equipment as provided by ADT and selected by the Grand Prize Winner with a total approximate retail value of $1500.00.
Upon installation, Grand Prize Winner is required to sign an ADT Residential Services Agreement (“ADT Contract”) for a term of one (1) year. Thereafter, the ADT Contract shall renew for successive Thirty (30) day terms unless terminated by Grand Prize Winner in accordance with the termination provision of the ADT Contract and Grand Prize Winner will be charged a standard monthly monitoring fee which is dependent upon the alarm system and monitoring services selected. ADT PulseSM Interactive Solutions Services, which helps you manage your home environment and family lifestyle, requires the activation of an ADT alarm system with monitored burglary service and a compatible computer, cell phone or PDA with Internet and e-mail access. These ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services do not cover the operation or maintenance of any household equipment/systems that are connected to the ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services/Equipment. All ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services are not available with the various levels of ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services. All ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services may not be available in all geographic areas.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will take place on or about June 7, 2013. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately three (3) days of the drawing date. The Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability for any such notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner. The potential winner must be able to receive telephone calls from an unlisted and/or blocked number. Messages may not be left. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within three (3) days of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Administrator will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Winner may be required to verify address and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. Failure of a winner to return the executed affidavit and release forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize. The Grand Prize winner must consent to a background check as a condition of accepting the Grand Prize. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by Sweepstakes Entities to help ensure that the winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes will not, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion, bring Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes Entities. If requested, winner must agree to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to contact any person or entity, including any third party, referenced in the background check. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must complete a travel guest liability/publicity release prior to the Trip and must be 21 years of age or older. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities; each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Each Entrant, as a condition of receiving a prize, authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE WEBSITE AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. SPONSOR: Television Food Network , G.P., 1180 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: The TEAM Group, LLC, P.O. Box 204, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932.
13. PRESENTER: ADT LLC, 1501 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
14. PRIZE WINNER LIST: For the name of the prize winner, or a copy of these official rules, visit www.foodnetwork.com/ADT after 6/30/13.
ADT Pulse® Interactive Solutions Services requires the installation and/or activation of an ADT alarm system with monitored burglary service and a compatible computer, cell phone or PDA with Internet and e-mail access. ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services do not cover the operation or maintenance of household equipment/systems not connected to the ADT Pulse Interactive Solutions Services/Equipment. Not available in all geographic areas. You may be required to pay additional charges for equipment and services to utilize certain ADT Pulse features.
License information available at www.ADT.com or by calling 800.ADT.ASAP®. CA ACO7155, 974443; PPO17232; FL EF0001121; LA F1639, F1407, F1640; MA 172C; NY 12000305615; PA 090797. ©2013 ADT LLC dba ADT Security Services. All rights reserved. ADT, the ADT logo, 800.ADT.ASAP and the product/service names listed in this document are marks and/or registered marks. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.