- 2 (four-inch) whole grain pancakes
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 cup fat-free milk
Learn more about nutritionist and author Robyn Webb.
- 4 ounces grilled salmon
- 1/2 cup brown rice cooked with low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumber mixed with 1/2 cup cubed tomatoes tossed with 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 roasted asparagus spears
- 1 (one-ounce) slice rye bread
- 10 almonds
- 1/2 cup melon cubes tossed with 1 teaspoon lime juice
Today's Takeaway Tip: Fiber is extremely important for keeping blood sugar stable. Since fluctuating blood sugar levels can cause feelings of hunger, irritability and low energy, high-fiber foods, such as the whole grain pancakes, whole grain roll and brown rice, will help you to have a happier and healthier day.