- 1/2 whole wheat bagel with 1 ounce melted reduced-fat Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced star fruit (also known as carambola)
- 3 ounces grilled shrimp
- 1 small whole grain roll
- 1 teaspoon canola margarine
Learn more about nutritionist and author Robyn Webb.
- 1/2 cup sugar-free, fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 ounce lean turkey breast
Today's Takeaway Tip: Beets are low in calories and provide significant amounts of folate (helpful in the prevention of heart disease), vitamin C and potassium. The carbohydrate count of beets is higher than many other vegetables, but beets are perfectly acceptable for a person with diabetes. Go ahead and enjoy the Beet and Mandarin Orange Salad with Mint, guilt-free.