- 1 small bran muffin
- 1 teaspoon canola oil margarine
- 1/2 cup blueberries sprinkled with 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- Pizza Muffin: 1 small whole wheat English muffin topped with 1/2 cup marinara sauce, 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1 ounce reduced-fat turkey pepperoni and 2 slices zucchini, broiled until cheese melts
- 1 cup tossed salad with 2 tablespoons low-calorie Italian dressing
- 2 tangerines
Learn more about nutritionist and author Robyn Webb.
- 1/2 cup cooked udon or soba noodles
- 1/2 cup stir-fried snow peas
- 1/2 cup mango sorbet
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 1 small whole wheat pita bread with 2 tablespoons hummus
Today's Takeaway Tip: Tuna, with its meaty texture and steak-like quality, is ideal as a substitute for red meats. Tuna contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids which are known to lower high blood cholesterol, a risk factor for people with diabetes.