1. Bathing suit countdown begins. Prepare for skimpy clothes by eating light, healthy fare.
2. Start your day with whole grains it can be as simple as upgrading your toast to multigrain.
3. Time for spring cleaning purge your pantry of unhealthy foods and restock with good-for-you items.
4. Spring is for salads. Eat a big bowl of leafy greens at the start of a meal for better appetite control.
5. April is asparagus season! Go wild eight ounces has only 45 calories but pass on the hollandaise.
6. Include lean protein in all your meals and you'll be less hungry. Protein is not just meat it can be low-fat dairy, beans, soy or nuts.
7. Treat yourself weekly to wild salmon, rich in healthful Omega-3 fats, when it comes in season this spring.
8. Try a new and unfamiliar fruit or vegetable.
9. For the healthiest snacks, plan them in advance.
10. Splurge on peak-season spring strawberries. One cup of these flavorful berries has only 43 calories and supplies over 100 percent of your daily vitamin C needs.