Getting to Know Us: Katie Cavuto Boyle
We debuted a new blogger this week -- Katie Cavuto Boyle, registered dietitian and finalist on this summer's The Next Food Network Star. Every Sunday, Katie will offer her healthy musings (aptly titled "Katie's Healthy Bites"). Keeping with tradition, she also filled out our fun, food-filled questionnaire. Check out her answers and give her a warm Healthy Eats welcome.
- Quinoa – I could eat it as is or I could grind it down to flour for bread and pasta.
- Tomatoes – One of my favorite things to cook with.
- Fruit – Whatever is in season, I love it all!
- Almond butter or almonds
- Greek yogurt
Chicken sausage or shrimp (or both) with white beans, tomatoes and kale
- Grandparents (all four…I know that’s cheating)
- Dalai Lama
- Mario Batali, but I would want to go on a culinary adventure with him (Spain, Greece or Italy preferred)
Favorite veggie: kale, chard or Brussels sprouts…but I love them all!
Favorite kid-friendly dish: chicken fingers and mac and cheese
Favorite cookbook: Jamie Oliver's Jamie At Home – all about growing your own food and bringing it to life in the kitchen
That’s tough…I am 100% Italian so I am a huge fan, but my husband loves Mexican food (we actually were married in Mexico) so we eat it often. As long as it is fresh and full of colors and flavors, I’m in!
Grilled cheese (a little burnt) — this is 100% comfort food.
To have an amazing organic farm (and someone to tend to it), full of all of my favorite fruits and veggies and a year-round growing season so I always had local, fresh ingredients!
See Katie's full professional credentials here.