8 Ways You Didn't Know You Could Eat Peaches
We’re teaming up with food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2011, a season-long garden party. In coming weeks, we’ll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you’re harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. Today, we’re exploring peaches.
Peaches are finally in season, so get your hands on some while they last and enjoy them in as many ways as you can (but don't forget to freeze some for the colder months!). Here are 8 healthy ways to eat the sweet stone fruits that you might not have thought of.
8. As a side dish: Tomato-Peach Salad from Food Network Magazine (pictured above)
5. For dinner, spooned over grilled pork: Rosemary Roasted Pork With Peaches
4. In a glass, with wine: Peach Sangria
2. For breakfast, in an overnight French toast bake: Ellie Krieger's French Toast Bake
1. With cream: Peaches and Cream (ok, maybe this one's obvious, but this version's healthy)
What's your favorite way to eat peaches? Shout it out in the comments, or let us know on Twitter; use the hashtag #cookingwith.
Cooking With Elise: Bruschetta with Grilled Peach Chutney
Taste With The Eyes: Warm White Peach and Blackberry Cobbler
A Way to Garden: Farm Fresh Peaches Frozen to Perfection
And Love It Too: Pan Seared Salmon with Fresh Peach Salsa
From My Corner of Saratoga: Double Caramel Peaches