41. Seven-Layer Dip Layer salsa, guacamole, refried beans, sour cream, shredded cheddar, crushed tortilla chips and shredded lettuce in a large baking dish.
42. Spicy Ranch Dip Whisk 1/4 cup each sour cream and minced red onion, 1/3 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 clove minced garlic and 1 tablespoon each chopped chives, parsley, and chipotles in adobo sauce; season with salt.
43. Guacamole Mash 3 avocados with 1/2 cup minced red onion and 1 to 2 minced jalapeños. Stir in 1 diced tomato, 1 bunch chopped cilantro and a splash of lime juice. Season with salt.
44. Asian Guacamole Make Guacamole (No. 43) with 1 bunch chopped scallions instead of red onion. Add 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 cup diced peeled cucumber and a splash each of sesame oil and soy sauce.
45. Queso Dip Saute 3 tablespoons minced onion in oil. Add 1 can green chiles, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/3 cup beer, 1/4 pound each grated muenster and cheddar and a handful of chopped cilantro; cook until the cheese melts, then broil until bubbly.
46. Chorizo Dip Make Queso Dip (No. 45); brown 1/4 pound sliced chorizo with the onion and replace the canned chiles with 1 diced jalapeño.
47. Classic Salsa Mix 4 diced tomatoes, 1 minced red onion, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 to 2 minced jalapenos and a handful of chopped cilantro. Season with salt.
48. Tropical Salsa Make Classic Salsa (No. 47); use 3 cups diced pineapple and mango instead of tomatoes and grated ginger instead of garlic. Add a splash of rum and a pinch of allspice.
49. Ricotta-Tomato Dip Simmer 2 cups tomato sauce in a small skillet. Add 1 cup ricotta in dollops and warm through. Garnish with basil and drizzle with olive oil.
50. Pizza Dip Make Ricotta-Tomato Dip (No. 49) in a small ovenproof skillet; top with diced mozzarella and pepperoni, then bake at 350 degrees until bubbling.
Photographs by Antonis Achilleos