21. Sparkly Buckeyes Beat 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons room-temperature butter and a pinch of salt with a mixer. Form into 1-inch balls. Dip the tops in melted semisweet chocolate and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Chill until firm.
22. Gingerbread Pops Pulse 14 crumbled gingersnaps, 1/2 cup each confectioners’ sugar and cookie butter (speculoos spread), 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger and 1/2 stick room-temperature butter in a food processor. Form into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar, insert a lollipop stick into each and chill until firm.
23. Manhattan Bourbon Balls Microwave 1 cup dried sour cherries and 1/4 cup bourbon, 3 minutes. Pulse 52 vanilla wafers in a food processor until ground. Add the cherry-bourbon mixture, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup and a pinch of salt; pulse until combined. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and skewer each with a cocktail pick. Chill until firm.
24. Spiced Orange Truffles Bring 1/2 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil in a saucepan; pour over 8 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur and a pinch each of cardamom and salt. Chill until firm. Scoop and roll into 1-inch balls; roll in crushed orange-flavored cookies (such as Anna’s) or vanilla wafers. Chill until set.
25. Mocha Truffles Make Spiced Orange Truffles (No. 24), replacing the orange liqueur with espresso and the crushed cookies with finely chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans.
26. Coconut Truffles Make Spiced Orange Truffles (No. 24), replacing the orange liqueur with coconut rum and the crushed cookies with sweetened shredded coconut.
27. Chocolate-Dipped Clementines Peel and separate 2 clementines into sections. Melt 4 ounces chopped white chocolate; dip the clementines halfway in the chocolate and roll in chopped pistachios. Chill until set.
28. Tropical Clementines Make Chocolate-Dipped Clementines (No. 27), rolling them in chopped toasted almonds and toasted shredded coconut instead of pistachios.
29. Apple-Oatmeal Cookies Melt 1/2 stick butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in 1/2 cup each sugar and grated peeled apple, and 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Simmer 1 minute, then stir in 1 1/2 cups rolled oats. Scoop the mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls and sprinkle each with sea salt; flatten into rounds and chill until set.
30. Nutty Oatmeal Cookies Pulse 1 1/2 cups each rolled oats and pecans, 1 cup pitted dates, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and ground cinnamon in a food processor until combined. Form into 1-inch balls; flatten into rounds and chill until set.