11. Bacon-Jalapeno Dip Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, 4 slices chopped cooked bacon, 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar and 2 thinly sliced jalapenos. Spread in a baking dish; top with buttered breadcrumbs (preferably panko). Bake at 350 degrees F until golden and bubbly, 30 minutes.
12. Queso Dip Cook 1 tablespoon each butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 pound shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup each cream cheese, milk and jarred salsa until smooth.
13. Meaty Queso Dip Make Queso Dip (No. 12); stir in 1/4 pound cooked ground beef.
14. Veggie Dip Combine 1/4 cup each finely chopped red and yellow bell pepper, celery, zucchini and scallions. Mix 8 ounces softened cream cheese with 3 tablespoons milk. Stir into the vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
15. Smoked Salmon Dip Make Veggie Dip (No. 14); add 4 ounces chopped smoked salmon and 2 tablespoons each capers and finely chopped dill.
16. Onion Dip Cook 2 thinly sliced onions in vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat until golden, 35 minutes. Cool, chop and mix with 1 cup sour cream, 4 chopped scallions and salt to taste.
17. Bacon-Onion Dip Make Onion Dip (No. 16). Stir in 6 slices crumbled cooked bacon.
18. Tomatillo Salsa Broil 1 pound husked tomatillos, 1/2 white onion and 1/2 jalapeno until charred and soft; cool. Puree with 1/2 cup cilantro and 1 avocado. Season with salt.
19. Cauliflower Hummus Toss 4 cups cauliflower florets with olive oil and 1 teaspoon curry powder; roast at 425 degrees F, 20 minutes. Puree with 1 drained can chickpeas, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons tahini, 1 garlic clove, and salt to taste. Blend in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
20. Lime Chip Mix Toss 8 cups mixed potato chips, corn chips and cheese puffs with the juice of 1 lime, the zest of 6 limes, and 1 teaspoon each paprika, garlic powder and cayenne. Bake at 350 degrees F, 5 minutes.