- For an informal party, keep things simple. Purchase snacks like chips, salsa, nuts, cold cuts, bread and prepared salads.
- Before you go shopping, clean out your fridge to make room for all those prepared foods and make-ahead dishes.
- They're your friends — feed them right. Incorporate healthy dishes based on fruits, vegetables and grains.
- If you are serving buffet-style, then you'll want to plan a little crowd-control — spread things out on small platters with the meat pre-sliced.
- There's no need to foot the bill for the wine as well as the food. Make it a BYOB
and ask your guests to bring wine, beer or soda.
- Set up clearly marked areas for trash.
- Have plenty of ice on hand.
- Set and dress your table(s) before the guests arrive.
Quick Tips for a Perfect Soiree
Take some of the stress out of entertaining with these 8 easy tips