How to Eat a Lobster
Learn how to properly eat a lobster.
- Cooked lobster
- Chef knife
For the claw:
- Hold the tip of the claw.
- Using the back end of a knife, give the claw a few little taps to crack it, and then give it a strong tap so that your knife is in the shell but not all the way through.
- Once the knife is lodged in the claw, turn it so the shell breaks in half.
- The shell can then be pulled right off and the claw meat can be eaten.
For the knuckle:
- Break off the bigger part of the knuckle.
- Using your pinky finger, push the meat out of the bigger part of the knuckle.
For the tail:
- Cut down the middle of the underside of the shell using scissors.
- Use both hands and push the shell towards the cut made along the bottom, so the back shell cracks.
- Pull the tail out of the broken shell.
- Pull the fins off at the end of the tail and suck the meat out.
- The same can be done for the legs of the lobster.
Everything you need to know about flour, sugar, chocolate and other pantry staples.
You don’t need a turkey at the center of the table to make Thanksgiving a special day! Here are delicious dishes that can take the spotlight at your vegetarian feast.