The World's Easiest Gingerbread House
Follow these step-by-step instructions for how to make the world's easiest gingerbread house.
- Milk carton
- Serrated knife
- Foil-wrapped cardboard
- Store-bought royal icing
- Graham crackers
- Breakfast cereal
- Assorted candy
- Cut off the bottom third of a milk carton with a serrated knife.
Wash out the milk carton; this will be the template for the house.
- Attach the milk carton to the foil-wrapped cardboard using the icing as glue.
- Measure the graham crackers against the sides of the milk carton and cut them with the serrated knife to make the walls of the house.
- Attach the graham crackers to the sides of the milk carton with the icing.
- Stick the breakfast cereal onto the top of the milk carton with icing to serve as roof shingles. To create a little overhang, start with the bottom row and work up.
- Decorate the house and foil cardboard with your choice of candy.