Eating low carb isnt tough, especially when it comes to snacks. Chef George Stella makes easy low carb options like turkey and Swiss BLT roll-ups, "Mock Raisinettes" with unsweetened chocolate and blueberries, and cinnamon pecans and almonds. Georges youngest son, Christian, also joins in to make his favorite, Philly Steak Salad with cheese. George finishes it off with a beverage everyone will love, a lemon lime slushee, perfect for after school or work.
Top 5 Tips
1. Use whole or real mayonnaise. Low-fat or lite is usually an indication that sugar has added to make up for the loss of body and flavor from fat.
2. Most nuts are low carb, but overeating them is a problem. Avoid this by portioning them out.
3. Frozen blueberries can be used as a substitute for raisins.
4. You can set a good example for your kids by eating the right foods. It's also fun to cook with your kids.
5. Keep your fridge full of good low carb foods such as cheese and sliced meats. When anybody in the house is hungry or having a craving, they can just go and find some great low carb selections.