Whether Paula is cooking for two or 22-she always has something up her sleeve that's a crowd pleaser . With recipes for Chicken and Dumplings, Cherry Tomatoes and Cream, Lady and Sons Onion-Cheese Bread & Carolina Gold Rice Pudding w/ fruit sauce.
Chicken & Dumplings
Paula recommends keeping the bones in your chicken, although you could certainly use boneless chicken pieces in your pot.
Cream Tomatoes and Onion Bread
- You can put your Cream Tomatoes on top of a pile of rice for an interesting combination entree.
- Cut bread for panini sandwiches
- Try putting your onion bread mix into the same pan you sauteed the onions in so that the pre-heated pan will provide you with a nice crispy crust to the bread.
Carolina Gold Rice Pudding
- Paula recommends using a potato masher to break up the fruit a bit when making your sauce so that it cooks more easily.
- When cooking the rice for a large crowd, try cooking it in a giant cast iron pot and serving it directly from the pot at the table.
- You can make a cheesy onion bread that's biscuit or muffin sized for single serving pieces.
Recipes in This Episode
Where to Find
Anson Mills1922-C Grevais StreetColumbia, SC 29201(803) 467-4122