21. Broiled Brie with Cranberry Chutney Slice the rind off the top of a small wheel of brie. Spread 1/4 cup cranberry chutney over the cheese and broil until bubbly, 3 minutes. Top with pecans. Serve with baguette slices.
22. Biscuits with Cheese and Preserves Spread digestive biscuits with triple-cream cheese (such as Saint Andre) or brie. Top each with apricot or cranberry preserves and a dill sprig.
23. Blistered Mini Peppers Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add whole baby bell peppers and cook, turning occasionally, until charred and tender. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt.
24. Spiced Fried Chickpeas Drain and rinse 1 can chickpeas; pat dry. Deep-fry in batches in 375 degrees F vegetable oil until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then toss with 1/2 teaspoon each ground coriander, cumin, smoked paprika and salt.
25. Ham and Endive Spears Pulse 1/4 pound diced ham, 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle, 2 scallion whites and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a food processor until combined. Spoon onto endive spears. Top with sliced scallions.
26. Pumpkin-Prosciutto Canapes Pulse 1 stick softened butter, 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin, 1 tablespoon chopped sage and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until smooth. Spread on cocktail bread and top with thinly sliced prosciutto.
27. Pumpkin-Sage Scallops Make the pumpkin-sage butter from Pumpkin-Prosciutto Canapes (No. 26). Melt 1/2 tablespoon plain butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 small scallops and sear, turning once, until just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin-sage butter and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with toothpicks.
28. Shrimp Cocktail Combine 1/2 cup ketchup or sweet chili sauce, 1/4 cup drained horseradish, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of celery salt, 2 dashes of hot sauce and 1 tablespoon minced celery. Serve with chilled cooked shrimp.
29. Shrimp with Sauce Verte Simmer 4 garlic cloves and 2 scallion whites in salted water until soft, 6 minutes. Add the scallion greens and 1 cup each torn basil and parsley leaves; cook until wilted, 10 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Puree in a food processor with 1/4 cup mango chutney, 1 teaspoon mustard powder and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Serve with chilled cooked shrimp.
30. Spicy Broiled Oysters Mix 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Sriracha and 1 minced small garlic clove. Shuck 12 oysters and leave on the half shell; pat dry. Spread with the mayonnaise mixture and broil until browned in spots, 2 minutes. Top with chopped chives.