31. Broiled Garlic Clams Saute 1 minced garlic clove in a skillet with 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Shuck 12 clams and leave on the half shell; pat dry. Top with the garlic breadcrumbs and broil until crisp and browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
32. Shrimp-Bacon Sliders Spread mayonnaise on mini potato buns. Fill each with 1 sliced cooked shrimp, 1/2 slice crisp cooked bacon and some chopped chives.
33. Stuffed Snow Peas Blanch snow peas in boiling salted water, 30 seconds; rinse under cold water and pat dry. Trim along the curved side to split open. Pipe prepared taramasalata (Greek caviar spread) or soft herbed cheese into each one and drizzle with lemon juice.
34. Creamy Stuffed Mushrooms Remove the stems from small cremini or white mushrooms. Sprinkle the caps with salt and pepper and fill each with 1 teaspoon cream cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and browned in spots, about 8 minutes. Top with chopped chives.
35. Warm Halloumi Bites Cut 8 ounces halloumi cheese into bite-size pieces and fry in a skillet with 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, turning, until golden. Add 1 cup grape tomatoes, the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of dried mint. Cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Serve on toothpicks.
36. Chili-Lime Cashews Cook 2 cups cashews in 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder and smoked paprika over medium heat until toasted, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and the zest and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt.
37. Maple-Chipotle Peanuts Simmer 1/3 cup maple syrup with 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder in a saucepan until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups salted dry-roasted peanuts. Pour onto a lightly oiled pan and let cool.
38. Salmon-Wrapped Asparagus Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water until crisp-tender. Drain, then cool in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Wrap each spear with a thin slice of smoked salmon. Combine 1/4 cup each sour cream and mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill; spread on the asparagus.
39. Smoked Salmon Canapes Make the sour cream–dill mixture from Salmon-Wrapped Asparagus (No. 38). Spread on pumpernickel cocktail bread and top each with sliced smoked salmon and a few capers.
40. Gorgonzola and Pear Polenta Rounds Cut 1 tube prepared polenta into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Brush with melted butter and broil, turning, until golden. Top with sliced pear and gorgonzola; season with pepper.