1. Hot Dulce de Leche Heat 2 cups milk and 1/2 cup dulce de leche in a saucepan, whisking, until frothy. Add a shot of rum, if desired. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
2. Mulled Hibiscus Punch Simmer 2 cups dried hibiscus, 8 cups water, 1 cup sugar, 6 cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of nutmeg in a saucepan, 30 minutes. Strain. Serve with cinnamon sticks.
3. Hot Buttered Rum Mix 4 tablespoons softened butter with 1/2 teaspoon each vanilla, cinnamon and allspice, and a pinch of nutmeg. Heat 1/2 cup pineapple juice in a mug; stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 ounce rum. Top with a pat of the spiced butter.
4. Classic Hot Cocoa Whisk 1/2 cup each boiling water and sugar and 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder in a saucepan. Stir in 1-1/2 cups milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and heat through. Top with whipped cream and chopped chocolate.
5. Spanish Hot Chocolate Gently heat 3 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate with 1/4 cup water in a saucepan, stirring until melted. Gradually stir in 3/4 cup milk and 2 teaspoons sugar; heat through. Top with whipped cream.
6. Mexican Hot Chocolate Heat 1 disk (about 3 ounces)chopped Mexican chocolate in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water until melted. Gradually add 3/4 cup milk, whisking, until frothy. Add 1 1/2 ounces chocolate liqueur, if desired. Sprinkle with chili powder.
7. Sugar-and-Spice Hot Cocoa Make Classic Hot Cocoa (No. 4), but sweeten the whipped cream with brown sugar. Dust with ground cardamom.
8. Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Heat 1/4 cup milk and 3 tablespoons Nutella in a saucepan, whisking. Add 1 cup milk and whisk until frothy. Top with whipped cream and hazelnuts.
9. Coconut-Almond Cocoa Heat 2 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate, 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1/4 cup water and 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucepan, whisking. Top with whipped cream, coconut and chopped almonds.
10. Maple Chai Bring 2 cups milk just to a boil; add 2 chai tea bags and steep 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup maple syrup.