How to make kebabs: 2. Preheat a grill to high. Thread the ingredients onto skewers. 3. Grill the kebabs, turning, until the ingredients are charred and cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 15 minutes. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before grilling.
1. Cut the ingredients into similar-size pieces and prepare as the recipe directs. If marinating, refrigerate 1 hour for fish and up to overnight for meat and poultry.
2. Preheat a grill to high. Thread the ingredients onto skewers.
3. Grill the kebabs, turning, until the ingredients are charred and cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 15 minutes.
If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before grilling.
1. Steakhouse Marinate cubed beef tri-tip in 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon each soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley and thyme; add salt and pepper. Skewer with onion, mushroom and boiled potato; grill.
2. Korean Beef Marinate thinly sliced short ribs and scallion pieces in 1/3 cup each sugar and white wine, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 1 grated Asian pear. Skewer so the meat lies flat; grill.
3. Beef Kefta Mix 1 pound ground beef, 2 minced shallots, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 2 teaspoons each cumin, coriander, paprika and dried mint, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Form 1-inch balls; skewer and grill.
4. Stuffed Peppers Make Beef Kefta mix (No. 3), adding 1/2 cup chopped olives. Pack into hollowed baby bell peppers, skewer and brush with olive oil. Grill; add salt and baste with lemon juice.
5. Herbed Beef Marinate cubed beef tri-tip in 1/2 cup olive oil, a smashed garlic clove, a pinch each of salt and red pepper flakes, and torn mixed herbs. Skewer and grill.
6. Beef Satay Marinate thinly sliced flank steak in 2 tablespoons each lime juice and fish sauce, 1 tablespoon each sugar and hot chili sauce, and 3 tablespoons cilantro. Skewer and grill. Top with peanut sauce and peanuts.
7. Chili Beef Toss cubed beef tri-tip with 3 tablespoons each brown sugar and chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon each fresh thyme and pepper; marinate. Skewer and grill, basting with a mix of 1/4 cup each cider vinegar and brown sugar, and
1 teaspoon chili powder.
8. Bacon-Beef Boil bacon strips 5 minutes, then cut into pieces. Skewer cubed beef tri-tip, onion and bell pepper with cherry tomatoes and the bacon; season with salt and pepper. Grill, basting with a mix of equal parts barbecue sauce and olive oil.
9. Hungarian Beef Marinate cubed beef tri-tip in 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 smashed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 2 teaspoons crushed caraway seeds. Skewer with chunks of onion and bell pepper and grill.
10. Buccaneer Pork Boil 1 cup water, 3 tablespoons each salt and brown sugar, 2 teaspoons pickling spices and 4 garlic cloves. Add 1 cup rum, then cool. Add cubed pork tenderloin and marinate. Skewer with pineapple. Grill, basting with bottled jerk sauce.