21. Nutella Make Chocolate Muffins (No. 14), replacing the bittersweet chocolate with Nutella (melt the butter, then mix with the Nutella) and adding 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts with the flour.
22. Mocha Make Chocolate Muffins (No. 14), adding 1/4 cup crushed chocolate-covered espresso beans with the flour and 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder with the vanilla.
23. Corn Mix 1 1/2 cups each flour and cornmeal, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt. Whisk 2/3 cup each sour cream and milk, 1 stick melted butter and 2 eggs; fold into the flour mixture. Divide the batter among 12 prepared muffin cups and bake at 400 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes.
24. Corn-Pineapple Saute 1 cup finely diced pineapple in 2 tablespoons each butter and brown sugar, 5 minutes; cool. Make Corn Muffins (No. 23), adding the pineapple with the flour.
25. Maple-Bacon Make Corn Muffins (No. 23), omitting the sugar, adding 3 slices chopped cooked bacon with the flour and replacing the milk with maple syrup.
26. Jalapeno-Cheddar Make Corn Muffins (No. 23), adding 1 small chopped caramelized onion, 1 chopped jalapeno and 1 cup diced sharp cheddar with the flour.
27. Corn-Sausage Make Corn Muffins (No. 23), using only 1 1/4 cups each flour and cornmeal and adding 1/2 pound chopped cooked sausage, 1/2 cup corn, 2 sliced scallions and 1/2 teaspoon dried sage with the flour.
28. Sweet Butter Mix 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat 1 1/2 sticks softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar until fluffy, then beat in 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour mixture and 1/3 cup milk in alternating batches. Divide among 12 prepared muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
29. Eggnog Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), adding 1 teaspoon nutmeg with the flour. When cool, dip the tops in a mixture of 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons white rum.
30. Coconut Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), adding 1 cup shredded coconut with the flour and 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract with the vanilla.