31. Red Currant Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), filling the muffin cups one-third of the way; top each with 1 teaspoon red currant jelly, then top with the remaining batter and bake.
32. Cider-Cinnamon Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), replacing the milk with apple cider. Brush the warm muffins with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
33. Stollen Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), beating in 1/3 cup marzipan with the butter and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with the vanilla. Brush the warm muffins with melted butter and dust with confectioners' sugar.
34. Panettone Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), adding 1/2 cup each raisins and minced candied citrus peel with the flour. Sprinkle with coarse sugar before baking.
35. Salted Caramel Minis Mix 1/2 cup jarred dulce de leche and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Make Sweet Butter Muffins (No. 28), swirling the dulce de leche mixture into the batter. Divide among 36 to 48 prepared mini muffin cups. Bake 16 to 18 minutes.
36. Whole-Grain Mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup each whole-wheat flour and chopped dried fruit, 1/4 cup oats, 1 tablespoon wheat germ, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Whisk 1/2 cup each yogurt, vegetable oil and brown sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; fold into the flour mixture. Divide among 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
37. Peanut-Apricot Make Whole-Grain Muffins (No. 36), reducing the all-purpose flour to 3/4 cup and whisking in 1/2 cup each peanut butter and chopped dried apricots with the vanilla.
38. Carrot Make Whole-Grain Muffins (No. 36), adding 2 grated carrots, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup each shredded coconut and sunflower seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with the flour; add 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest with the vanilla.
39. Spice Mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk 3/4 cup each milk and vegetable oil, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; fold into the flour mixture. Divide among 12 prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
40. Fruitcake Soak 3/4 cup dried fruit in brandy overnight; drain and chop. Make Spice Muffins (No. 39), adding 1/2 cup of the dried fruit and 1/2 cup chopped pecans with the flour. Top with the remaining dried fruit and more pecans before baking.