21. Panzanella Marinate tomato chunks in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper for 10 minutes. Soak stale bread in water for 5 minutes; drain, then toss with the tomatoes. Add sliced red onion, celery and fresh herbs.
22. Miso-Tofu Salad Chop 1 inch fresh ginger in a blender; puree with 3 tablespoons miso, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, some soy sauce and chili paste. Blend in 1/2 cup peanut oil. Drizzle over baby spinach and cubed tofu.
23. Crab-Salad Cups Mix lump crabmeat with celery, tarragon and chives. Toss with mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard; serve in Bibb lettuce cups.
24. Japanese Radish Salad Top a layer of watermelon radish slices with scallions and baby greens. Whisk mirin, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, grated ginger, salt, and sesame and vegetable oil to taste; drizzle over the salad.
25. Jicama-Mango Slaw Toss julienned mango and jicama, red onion, radish and cilantro; add cumin, salt and cayenne. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
26. Tricolor Salad Whisk 1 part balsamic vinegar with 3 parts olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with arugula, escarole and radicchio.
27. Tabouli with Pine Nuts Mix cooked bulgur, toasted pine nuts, lemon juice, scallions, olive oil, salt and pepper; add diced tomatoes, mint and parsley.
28. Cheesy Spinach Salad Whisk 1 part red wine vinegar with 3 parts walnut oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Toss with baby spinach, goat cheese and walnuts.
29. Curried Potato Salad Mix mayo with cider vinegar, curry powder and duck sauce. Fold in roasted sweet potatoes, celery, cilantro and scallions; season with salt and pepper.
30. Smoked-Trout Salad Whisk 1 part cider vinegar with 3 parts olive oil, minced shallots, horseradish, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Toss with flaked smoked trout, julienned apples and beets, and arugula.