40. Black-Eyed Pea Salad Whisk lime juice with minced garlic, ground cumin, salt, cilantro and a big splash of olive oil. Toss with black-eyed peas, minced jalapeño, and diced tomato, red onion and avocado.
41. Greek Rice Salad Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and allspice. Toss with chopped cucumber and tomato, scallions, parsley, dill, mint and lemon zest. Stir in cooked rice and a dash of hot sauce; top with feta.
42. Mimosa Salad Toss butter lettuce with an herb vinaigrette (1 part vinegar, 3 parts olive oil, chopped herbs). Press a peeled hard-boiled egg through a fine strainer to make an egg “mimosa”; spoon over the salad.
43. Classic Waldorf Whisk 1/2 cup mayo and 2 tablespoons sour cream with chives, parsley, lemon zest and juice, sugar and pepper. Toss with chopped apples, celery and walnuts.
44. Wedge Salad Puree 1 cup each mayo and blue cheese with 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1 shallot, lemon zest, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle over iceberg wedges; top with egg mimosa (see No. 42) and crumbled bacon.
45. Curried Tuna Salad Toast 1 tablespoon curry powder in vegetable oil; cool. Mix with mayo, lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss with canned tuna, red onion slices, cilantro and golden raisins.
46. Roast Beef Salad Whisk 2 tablespoons each apple cider vinegar and honey mustard with salt, pepper and 1 cup hazelnut oil. Drizzle over endive, sliced pears and deli roast beef; top with blue cheese and hazelnuts.
47. American Potato Salad Whisk mayo with parsley, relish and mustard. Toss with boiled quartered potatoes, and sliced celery and red onion. Fold in chopped hard-boiled eggs; season with salt and pepper.
48. Daikon Slaw Simmer 3 parts rice vinegar with 1 part peanut oil, minced ginger and garlic, Asian chili sauce, salt and sugar. Toss with julienned daikon, napa cabbage and scallions; chill.
49. Macaroni Salad Whisk 1/2 cup mayo, 3 tablespoons sour cream, dry mustard, sugar, cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss with cooked macaroni, sliced celery and red onion, and parsley.
50. Spanish Pimiento Salad Grill scallions; chop. Toss with olives, pimientos, almonds, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika and romaine. Grill thick bread slices; rub with garlic, tear into pieces and toss with the salad.
Photographs by Sang An