31. Turnip-Bacon Cook 4 slices bacon until crisp; crumble. Whisk 2 tablespoons each of the bacon drippings, vegetable oil, cider vinegar and grainy mustard; whisk in 1 teaspoon celery seeds and 1/3 cup sour cream. Toss with 6 cups julienned turnips, 3 cups shredded green cabbage, 1/4 cup chopped parsley and the crumbled bacon.
32. Grape–Goat Cheese Whisk 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons each dijon mustard, honey and white wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Add 1/2 head roughly chopped napa cabbage, 1/2 cup grapes, 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese and 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
33. Vietnamese Whisk 1/3 cup white vinegar, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. Toss with 3 cups each julienned daikon and carrots, 2 cups julienned English cucumber, 1 minced jalapeño and 1/4 cup each chopped mint and cilantro.
34. Dijon Whisk 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon each sugar and kosher salt, and 2/3 cup olive oil. Toss with 1/2 head shredded green cabbage, 1/4 head shredded red cabbage, 2 shredded carrots and 2 sliced scallions.
35. Chicago Make Dijon Slaw (No. 34), swapping yellow mustard for the dijon. Toss with 1/2 head shredded green cabbage, 2 shredded carrots, 1/2 cup each sweet pickle relish and chopped pickled sport peppers, and 2 teaspoons celery seeds.
36. Honey-Mustard Make Dijon Slaw (No. 34), swapping honey mustard for the dijon mustard and omitting the sugar. Add 2 julienned apples, 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, and honey to taste.
37. Ham and Egg Make Dijon Slaw (No. 34), adding 1/4 pound diced ham and 2 chopped hard-cooked eggs.
38. Celery Root Whisk 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, the juice of 2 lemons, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss with 1/4 head shredded green cabbage, 4 cups shredded celery root and 1/4 cup chopped parsley.
39. Brussels Sprout Cook 4 slices bacon until crisp; crumble. Whisk 2 tablespoons each of the bacon drippings, olive oil and maple syrup with 1/3 cup sherry vinegar. Toss with 6 cups shredded Brussels sprouts, 1 thinly sliced shallot, the bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.
40. Cobb Puree 1 avocado, 1/3 cup each lemon juice, olive oil and water, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss with 1/2 large head shredded green cabbage, 1 cup each diced tomato and crumbled blue cheese, and 3 chopped hard-cooked eggs. Top with 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon.