41. Caprese Layer sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil on a split focaccia loaf. Add salt, pepper and chopped jarred artichoke hearts; drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the sandwich in plastic and place a heavy skillet on top; press for 30 minutes, then unwrap and slice.
42. Peas and Carrots Puree 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas with 1 tablespoon each olive oil and water; season with salt and pepper. Cut whole-grain toast into squares; spread with the peas and top with shaved carrot. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, sprinkle with grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
43. Strawberry–Cream Cheese Spread softened cream cheese on slices of date-nut bread and sandwich with sliced strawberries. Cut into pieces.
44. Pimiento Cheese Mix 2 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar and jack cheese, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste; stir in 1/4 cup chopped pimientos. Sandwich on white bread. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
45. Chicken Salad Whisk 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons each chopped shallot and tarragon, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, and salt and pepper; stir in 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken. Sandwich toasted white bread with the chicken salad, watercress and sliced cornichons. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces. Top with more cornichons.
46. Taleggio-Pear Brush softened butter inside a split baguette. Fill with fig jam, sliced pears, taleggio cheese, and salt and pepper. Cut into pieces.
47. Lemon-Berry Cut toasted English muffin halves into quarters. Spread with lemon curd and top with berries.
48. Cream Cheese and Jelly Sandwich softened cream cheese and raspberry or strawberry jelly between slices of whole-wheat bread. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.
49. Ricotta-Orange Cut whole-wheat bread into squares. Sandwich with fresh ricotta cheese and orange marmalade.
50. Chocolate-Raspberry Sandwich chocolate-hazelnut spread and seedless raspberry jam between slices of white bread. Trim the crusts and cut into pieces.