31. Cider Doughnuts Simmer 1 cup apple cider until reduced to 1/4 cup; cool. Mix with 1/2 cup grated peeled apple, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon each nutmeg and vanilla, and 2 cups dry pancake mix. Roll into 1-inch balls and deep-fry in 375 degrees F oil. Drain on paper towels and roll in cinnamon sugar.
32. Chicken-Apple Crepes Prepare Apple-Mustard Chicken (No. 30); dice the chicken. Fill prepared crepes with the chicken and shredded gruyere. Roll up, top with the sauce and bake at 350 degrees F, 12 minutes.
33. Apple Stuffing Cook 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and apple and 3 tablespoons each chopped almonds and prunes in 1/2 stick butter until soft. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1 cup each chicken broth and cream, 12 cups stale bread cubes and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Transfer to a baking dish, cover and bake at 375 degrees F, 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
34. Apple Skillet Pancake Whisk 3 eggs until frothy; whisk in 3/4 cup each milk and flour. Peel, core and slice 1 apple; cook in an ovenproof 10-inch skillet with 3 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon sugar until just soft. Add the batter and bake at 450 degrees F until puffy and golden, 15 minutes.
35. Apple Pancake Topping Cook 2 chopped peeled apples and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat, 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup maple syrup and bring to a simmer.
36. Apple Turnovers Make Apple Pancake Topping (No. 35), using only 1/4 cup maple syrup; cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Stir in 1 tablespoon raisins; cool. Cut 1 sheet puff pastry into 4 squares; roll out each into a 6-inch square. Fill with the apple mixture and fold into triangles; crimp to seal. Bake at 425 degrees F until puffed and golden, 20 minutes.
37. Apple-Cheddar Fondue Simmer 1/8 cup each apple cider and white wine. Whisk in 3/4 pound shredded extra-sharp cheddar tossed with 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Add 2 tablespoons applejack brandy and season with salt and pepper. Serve with cubed bread and apple slices.
38. Waldorf Salad Toss 1/2 cup sliced grapes, 2 each chopped apples and celery stalks, 1/4 cup each mayonnaise, sour cream, walnuts and parsley, and lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
39. Cranberry Waldorf Make Waldorf Salad (No. 38), replacing the grapes, walnuts and parsley with dried cranberries, hazelnuts and dill.
40. Creamy Apple Slaw Mix 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard and 2 teaspoons apple cider. Toss with 1 cup each grated peeled celery root and apple, and salt, pepper and parsley to taste.