41. Tomato Omelet Whisk 3 eggs, salt and pepper; pour into a buttered skillet and top with grated fontina cheese and a few tablespoons pasta sauce. Cook until almost firm; fold in half and cook until desired doneness.
42. Bloody Marys Mix 6 ounces vodka, 1 cup pasta sauce, 1/2 cup water, 6 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon horseradish in a pitcher; season with celery salt, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
43. Spiced Okra Simmer fresh or frozen okra and canned chickpeas in pasta sauce; season with cumin, mustard seeds and coriander.
44. Polenta Bites Slice a tube of premade polenta into rounds. Broil until heated through; lightly top with pasta sauce and grated fontina; broil until cheese melts.
45. Tomato-Fennel Soup Thin pasta sauce with water; add sliced fennel, vegetable juice and a splash of pernod and simmer.
46. Chickpea Pasta Simmer pasta sauce with chopped celery, anchovies and chickpeas; serve over penne.
47. Red Pepper Coulis Puree jarred roasted red peppers until smooth; stir into pasta sauce and serve with steamed fish.
48. Sloppy Joes Brown bulk Italian sausage, chopped onions and bell peppers; stir in pasta sauce and heat; spoon onto rolls.
49. Tomato Vinaigrette Whisk 1/4 cup red wine vinegar with 1/2 cup olive oil, some shredded basil, salt and pepper. Whisk in a spoonful of pasta sauce; drizzle over arugula.
50. Eggplant Rolls Grill or broil thinly sliced eggplant until tender. Spread with pasta sauce and ricotta cheese; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Photographs by Victor Schrager