11. Ricotta-Broccoli Pasta Toss 1 pound cooked orecchiette with 1/2 cup each pesto, ricotta and grated parmesan. Add 1 bunch chopped steamed baby broccoli.
12. Baked Pesto Gnocchi Toss 1 pound cooked gnocchi with 3 tablespoons pesto and 1 tablespoon softened butter in a baking dish. Sprinkle with grated pecorino and broil until golden.
13. Tuna–White Bean Pasta Cook 1 sliced garlic clove in a skillet with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 can each drained tuna and white beans, and 1/4 cup pesto. Toss with 12 ounces cooked spaghetti and some torn basil.
14. Pesto Primavera Salad Toss 12 ounces cooked gemelli or penne with 4 cups sliced steamed vegetables, 1 cup diced mozzarella, 3/4 cup pesto and 1/4 cup grated parmesan. Top with toasted sliced almonds.
15. Potato-Pesto Pasta Cook 1/2 pound cavatelli and 1/2 pound chopped peeled russet potatoes in boiling water until tender, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain and toss with 1/4 cup pesto and some of the cooking liquid.
16. Calamari-Pesto Pasta Make Potato-Pesto Pasta (No. 15). Saute 1 pound calamari in a skillet with olive oil, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss with the pasta.
17. Pesto Mussels Saute 4 sliced garlic cloves in a pot with olive oil until golden, 2 minutes. Add 2 pounds mussels and 1 cup white wine; cover and cook until the mussels open, about 4 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons pesto.
18. Pesto-Clam Linguine Make Pesto Mussels (No. 17), using clams instead of mussels. Add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Toss with linguine.
19. Pesto Green Beans Toss 1 pound steamed green beans with 3 tablespoons pesto and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
20. Pancetta-Pesto Peas Cook 4 ounces diced pancetta in a skillet with olive oil until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon. Add 1 bag frozen peas and 1 cup water to the skillet; simmer until tender, 10 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons pesto and heat through.