Working in batches, deep-fry 3 pounds chicken wings (split at the joints, tips removed) in 375 degrees F vegetable oil until golden, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
1. Classic Buffalo Dredge the wings in flour and deep-fry. Toss with 6 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 cup Buffalo wing hot sauce. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
2. Buffalo Supreme Make Classic Buffalo Wings (No. 1), adding 1/2 teaspoon celery salt to the wing sauce mixture. Toss with 2 tablespoons celery leaves and 1 cup crumbled blue cheese.
3. Five-Alarm Make Classic Buffalo Wings (No. 1), adding 1 teaspoon cayenne with the butter and replacing half of the wing sauce with habanero hot sauce.
4. Jalapeno-Cheddar Make Classic Buffalo Wings (No. 1), adding 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapenos and 1 cup grated cheddar to the wing sauce mixture.
5. Spicy Moroccan Make Classic Buffalo Wings (No. 1), replacing the wing sauce with 1/4 cup each harissa (hot chile paste) and cider vinegar. Serve with 1 cup Greek yogurt mixed with 2 tablespoons each olive oil and chopped mint.
6. Vietnamese Dredge the wings in flour and deep-fry. Puree 1 1/2 cups cilantro, 1 garlic clove and 2 tablespoons each fish sauce, lime juice and chopped jalapenos. Toss the wings with the cilantro sauce and 6 tablespoons melted butter.
7. Beer-Battered Whisk 1 1/2 cups each flour and lager beer with 1 teaspoon each kosher salt and smoked paprika. Dredge the wings in flour and dip in the batter. Deep-fry until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
8. Buttermilk-Battered Soak the wings in 1 1/2 cups buttermilk with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 30 minutes. Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; drain the wings, then dredge in the flour mixture. Deep-fry in 350 degrees F oil until dark golden, about 10 minutes.
9. Cajun Buttermilk Make Buttermilk-Battered Wings (No. 8), adding 1/4 cup hot sauce to the buttermilk and 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning to the flour.
10. Chili-Ranch Toss the wings with 2 tablespoons each flour and chili powder and deep-fry. Serve with ranch dressing.