Swordfish is a mild-tasting, white-fleshed fish with a meaty texture. It is sold exclusively in steaks. Its mild taste makes it a particularly good choice for those who are unsure if they like fish. Reddish areas have a stronger flavor and can be cut off.
Swordfish is particularly good grilled, either as a steak or kebabs, and it's also delicious broiled and sautéed. Trim off the tough and inedible skin before or after cooking.
Swordfish is often sold frozen and the quality can be good, but make sure that the reddish areas are red, not brown. Substitute other meaty fish such as tuna, halibut, mahi-mahi or salmon.
- Grilled Swordfish "Nicoise" Salad
- Swordfish Spiedini
- Swordfish and Spaghetti with Citrus Pesto
- Prime Rib of Swordfish
- Grilled Swordfish Skewers with Coconut, Key Lime and Green Chile Sauce
- Grilled Swordfish with Grilled Caponata
- Grilled Swordfish with Lemon, Mint and Basil
- Curry-rubbed Swordfish Steaks with Fresh Green Chutney
- Swordfish Milanese