3 Pepper Lobster Stir-fry
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Fried Onions:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 Pepper Lobster:
- 2 (1 1/4 pound) lobsters, par-cooked and cleaned
- 4 ounces 3 Pepper Lobster Stir-fry Sauce, recipe follows
- Lemon wedge
- 2 cilantro sprigs
- 3-pepper Lobster Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 onions, diced
- 1 cup minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1 1/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons white pepper
- 3 1/4 tablespoons Szechuan pepper
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions3 Pepper Lobster:
Preheat a fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 325 degrees F.
Combine flour and salt. Toss the onions in salted flour, shaking off excess flour. Fry the onions until golden brown. Reserve.
Chop the lobsters into several pieces, then deep fry the heads and save for garnish. In a hot wok, add oil and stir-fry the lobster pieces for 3 minutes. Add sauce and reduce until it is a glaze. Pile lobster onto a platter and garnish with fried onions, lemon and cilantro.2 servings3-pepper Lobster Stir Fry Sauce:
Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.