- 4 (8 ounce) sirloin bison steaks, well trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mixed peppercorns, black, green and pink, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
Tennessee Whiskey Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Tennessee Whiskey (Recommended: Jack Daniels)
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1/2 cup cream
One hour prior to cooking, coat the steaks with oil and season liberally with the peppercorn mixture and salt. Grill or saute over high heat to your desired doneness, approximately 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
For the sauce: Sweat the shallots and garlic in the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Add the whiskey and reduce by half. Add the stock and cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.