- 2 1/2 pounds white thin skin potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 (6-ounce) jar, sliced pimento, drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 small white onion, peeled and left whole
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise or, just enough to bind salad
- Salt and pepper
When potatoes have cooled, add pimento and peas to the bowl. Using a hand held grater, grate the small white onion over the potatoes. The onion juice is what makes this salad so good. Add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise dressing to the bowl, or to your liking, to bind.
Season potato salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to plastic serving wear and pack up for your picnic. Keep this salad in your cooler with beverages or chill until ready to travel.