- 8 slices Tuscan style bread
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 ounce sweet butter
- 5 1/2 ounces Montrachet goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 ounces marinated sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- Fresh basil leaves, as garnish
- Basil Pesto, recipe follows
Toast the bread and keep while preparing the eggs. Combine the eggs, water, Tabasco and salt in a bowl and whisk until smooth. In a large non-stick omelette pan, melt the butter and add the eggs, stirring with a spatula until the eggs are gently scrambled. Spread the soft goat cheese equally over the slices of toast. Add the scrambled eggs on top of the goat cheese and cut each of the toast slices in half. Put 4 halves on each plate and garnish with sundried tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and drizzle with basil pesto.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Reggiano Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 turn fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Combine all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a blender. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.