- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 semi-boneless quail
- 4 ounces arugula
- Maple Bacon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, shallots, thyme, oil, and pepper. Add the quail and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
Place the marinated quail on the grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side. Brush the quail with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette and grill for 2 more minutes. Place each quail on 1 ounce of arugula.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Maple Bacon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 pound slab bacon, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside. In a food processor, combine the bacon fat, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, syrup, vinegar, shallot, and garlic. Mix well and slowly drizzle in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in bacon pieces.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.