- 4 rainbow trout, heads removed and cleaned
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Jasmine Rice, recipe follows
- Citrus Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Season trout fillets lightly with salt and pepper on both meat and skin sides. Lightly dust fillets with flour and shake off excess. In a non-stick skillet large enough to hold all 4 fish, heat the oil and butter over high heat until almost smoking. (You may need to work in batches or use 2 skillets if you don't have one that is large enough). Carefully place the trout, meat side down, in the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn the fish over with tongs and finish cooking on the skin side, about 2 more minutes. With tongs, remove the trout from the skillet and serve immediately with the rice and vinaigrette.
- 3 cups Jasmine rice, rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- White Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Add enough salt and pepper to make the water taste slightly salty. Cover and bring to a boil. When the water level drops below the rice, reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for about 8 minutes and turn off the heat. Leave covered and let stand for about 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve hot with the trout.
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup fresh citrus juice (lemon, lime, or orange, or a combination), plus more if desired
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 cups canola-olive oil blend (1 1/4 cups each or your preference)
- White pepper
- Steamed fresh seasonal vegetables, accompaniment
Add vinegar, citrus juice, shallots, and mustard to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds. Slowly add oil while machine is running until emulsified; the vinaigrette should be thick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more citrus juice, to taste, if desired. Drizzle over trout. Toss with steamed fresh seasonal vegetables, if desired.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.