- 1 cup yellow onions-julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 roasted poblano peppers, peeled, seeded, and sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 cups zucchini, diced to 1/4-inch
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup Yukon gold potatoes, diced 1/4-inch
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers, peeled, seeded, and sliced like rajas
- 1 tablespoon toasted oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons epazote, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons hoja santa, chopped fine
- Salt and black pepper
In a large pan over high heat, saute the onions in the olive oil until translucent, then add the poblano and the mushrooms, saute on high until the mushrooms are soft and edible. Add the zucchini and saute until the zucchini are no longer crunchy when you taste them. Add the rest of the ingredients then season and set aside to cool.
Put a small amount of olive oil in a pan and saute the spinach on high for one minute or until wilted, then set aside. Warm the tortillas to make them flexible. Fill the tortillas with vegetable mixture and roll them up. Cut the enchiladas in half and set on an oven- proof plate. Cover the enchiladas with both chile sauces and a liberal amount of cheese. Place the plate in the oven or the salamander until the cheese melts.