9 Time Pro-Roller - Chicken Spring Rolls
- 4 stalks lemon grass, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless and butterflied
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 bunch shiso leaves
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 1 package vermicelli noodles
- Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons ginger - fresh and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter - (recommended: CB (Seattle))
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 package rice paper wrappers
Marinade: Add the lemon grass, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, lemon zest and ginger to a food processor and pulse until blended. Add the chicken to a medium bowl and rub it with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Then slice.
Julienne the cucumber and carrot and pick or tear the shiso, mint and basil and add them to a small bowl along with the cilantro leaves.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the vermicelli noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and put them into ice bath to cool.
Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour it into a small bowl and set aside.
Soak 1 rice wrapper in a bowl of water, pull out when pliable, and put it on a flat surface. Add some cooled vermicelli noodles, some cucumber mixture and some chicken. Roll up and repeat with remaining ingredients. Arrange the rolls on a serving platter and serve with spicy peanut sauce.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.