BLT with Blue Buffalo Aioli
- Buffalo Aioli:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco or Pete's)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1/2-inch) pieces country style white, wheat or rye bread, lightly toasted
- 8 slices good quality thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves separated, washed and rinsed well
- Pickles and potato chips, for serving
For the aioli: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well.
For the BLT: Lay 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Spread 1 teaspoon or so of the aioli on each slice, then top with 2 pieces bacon, 2 slices tomato, some red onion and a single piece of lettuce. Top each sandwich with another slice of bread.
Slice the club sandwiches into quarters and serve with a pickle and some potato chips.